Sunday 1 February 2015

Spring | A Time for Pastels

Hello!
I've come up with something some-what original for a post today. I've decided that each season I shall make a post about the things I like to do with thra season. I know, sounds a bit weird but bear with me here!

I have to say spring is one of my least favourite seasons but hey-ho I shall crack on...


Low and behold! Is that a book I see? Of course, it is me writing this. Spring, although the sun is coming out can still be quite a chilly time so it's nice to put your feet up and read (and also watch a few sneaky episodes of PLL). My picks are:
We Were Liars - E. Lockhart
An Abundance of Katherines - John Green
Paper Towns - John Green
Unfortunately, I was at a loss about what to buy my sister for her birthday this week (🎁🎉) so books were the safest option. Which means I'm going to have to wait until she's finished them to read them!


I know your probably thinking "what has 3 musical instruments got to do with spring?"
As it's too late to put this in my New Years resolutions I'm just going to mention it here. This year I shall become a musical prodigy! No, not really but I am going to try harder to focus on learning and become better at playing. I can play 5 musical instruments:

Wooden Flute (used in traditional Irish music)
Guitar (pretty self explanatory)
Ukulele (it's so cool isn't it!?)
Tin Whistle (we had to learn it in primary school)
Piano ( wouldn't fit in the picture >_<) 

I have joined a traditional music group in school and that should hopefully encourage me to play more. I really want to learn the violin too. Is that too much?



Look at me being all arty-farty. Cartooning and drawing is so much fun. I do art at school and we are doing linocuts at he moment. I found a really cool printer called "Janet Doub Erickson" and her lino's are so amazing. As I've said before I'm feeling down and uninspired and illustrations always cheer me up. I do have to get some new markers or water colours though. Hopefully they have the Copic Ciao markers in Ireland because "Frannerd" (amazing illustrator check out her YouTube) raves about them and I want to try them out. 
P.s I did make that bookmark with the quotes on it. The mocking jay is not orange it is actually made out of gold glittery paper. 


Nail polish!!!! As said in the title I think spring is the time for pastels. These are the best ones I have at the moment. I really need to upgrade my collection. The quality of these aren't bad but there are better out there. I would love to try Tanya Burrs and Essies nail polishes. This may seem odd to you but I don't have a mint coloured nail polish. :o *gasp*. I can't seem to find one anywhere but if I had one it would definitely be in this post. 


Can I just mention how cute that cupcake pillow is! Again I got it for my sisters birthday but I thought I'd use it as a decoration till then.

Also I shall be doing a Q&A next week. I just haven't accumulated enough questions yet so please comment as many as humanly possible, or tweet me. 

Stay happy my little bees!
~ Tee




Twitter: @About_A_Blog




1 comment: