Saturday 14 February 2015

Take A Stand

Hello!
And a Happy Valentines Day to you!
I'm spending today alone watching "A Film For Ella" 200 times in a row because 1) I am obsessed with JacksGap and 2) that video is so cute.

Now, I don't know about you but I'm all about empowering women. I haven't found myself yet and I'm in no means confident but I feel like this is a topic I need to discuss. Since Fifty Shades of Grey has just been released there's been a lot of controversy. Women are treated like objects. People say that women have come a long way since the 60's and I do agree but there's still a long way to go. i heard a few weeks ago that in Ireland the male football players are payed crazy amounts of money and have it as their main job. However, womens football players don't get payed at all even though they have made it to various sporting finals. 

I just don't find that fair. I was reading the comments on the Rickshaw Run video by Jack and Finn and one of the commenters was talking about how she would love to do that and go to India and travel but she couldn't because she was a woman and it was unsafe. 

So many girls right now are probably sitting at home crying because they think they're ugly or fat or that a boy would never date them. It's sad that in this day and age women still rely on men like this. Being a female shouldn't dictate who I am or what oppurtunities I have. Emma Watson is a huge role model for me. She stands up for what she believes in. She wears what she wants because she wants to. 

As Taylor Swift once said something along the lines of "If you surround yourself with strong and confident women, you too will become strong and confident." I think it is so important to surround yourself with people that make you happy. 

So this week I want you to take a stand. No matter how small stand up for something you believe in whether it be to do with women's rights or not. I will try to do the same.

I'm sorry if some of this post may be WAAYYY too much cheese for you. I hope you all have a good mid-term those of you at are still in school! I will also be making a cheeky little mid week post.


Stay happy my little bees!
~Tee






Twitter: @About_A_Blog




No comments:

Post a Comment